Location: United States – Multiple Locations
We are looking for Associate Consultants that will assist with implementations of world-class client solutions. Strong analytical and financial skills, as well as technical proficiency with financial or operational systems, are required. Ideal candidates will have excellent communication skills, strong business acumen, solid presentation skills, and be able to contribute to streamlining business processes.
This role is for professionals or recent advanced degree graduates looking to gain a foothold into the EPM consulting industry. Gartner states that this is one of the fastest growing segments of software and this role can be the entry point for the motivated candidate.
An ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1-3 years professional work experience in finance, accounting or Management Information Systems (MIS) fields with a bachelors or advanced degree from an accredited university.
As an employee of a virtual company, the Consultant must be self-sufficient and pro-active in managing their work, while maintaining appropriate communication and escalation to TopDown management. They should be able to work both independently and as part of a team, and be committed to continuously improving TopDown’s operations and profitability.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Associate Consultant will join the team in a growth role to help architect, develop and maintain the necessary processes and systems in support of the overall objectives of the implementation leadership team.
- This individual must develop skills that facilitate a comprehensive understanding of the business, as well as the data and reporting requirements of the client.
- This individual will learn to focus on partnering with the customer to address issues that impact the overall success of the project. In addition, continually search for efficient and effective ways to improve systems, processes and tools to retrieve and analyze data to support the growth client.
- The Associate consultant must adhere to the defined Standards and Practice Guide.
- This Associate Consultant must be able to confidently deliver in conversation or presentations complex topics, including abstract concepts, to customers.
- This individual will most likely begin their career as an accountant, financial, business or MIS analyst.
- What sets this consulting position apart from the standard financial analyst and IT support roles is the potential to develop the unique skill of understanding the business requirements with the creative capacity and experience to design efficient and effective data tools and systems.
- Work in conjunction with customer to systematically retrieve, format and maintain data.
- Design reports and retrieve data to support the customer in effectively analyzing the business, including ad hoc reporting.
- Ability to drive business requirements discussion, capture key issue and formalize findings.
- Work with customer to build systems to automate models focused on sound business principals.
- Assist with designing client systems to support their reporting needs and to manage the day to day business.
This role requires a good attitude, strong business ethics, an analytical mind, the ability to think on your feet, and excellent customer skills.
- 1-3 years business experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Management Information Systems.
- Oracle Hyperion Enterprise Performance Management and/or OneStream application experience.
- Experience with planning, forecasting, and financial accounting processes.
- Good presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills with ERP skills preferred.
- Willingness to travel up to 100%, Monday through Friday